Monday, February 24, 2014

Nature

Yesterday, (Saturday, February 24, 2014) I had the pleasure of going on a little hike by myself. At Brand Park, the trails are easy, making it preferable to look at the surrounding nature. The spot I decided to sit down at was an oasis type spot surrounded by plush greenery and trees from above. When I sat down, I smelled a sour yet natural stench coming from the wall of green in front of me. The dampness of the leaves was very apparent. The swaying of the trees along with the swish ans swosh it made was very relaxing. There was no food to taste, nor did the floor seem appetizing. I started thinking about the purity of nature, of how it is so different in every corner of the world, yet each has its own beauty. I sometimes forget to apply this realization to people around me, and to the people I meet, because I allow the negative to cloud the positive. The fact that people might have had trouble not checking their phones is also troubling, because they check their phones everyday, and yet they do not get to enjoy nature once (due to the fact they were checking their phone).

No comments:

Post a Comment